Good, old fashioned real-time strategy(RTS) game that continues the story of Command and Conquer.
Kane’s Wrath: March 2008
Has a good tutorial that teaches the basics of the game.
The graphics are very good and very detailed.
The super weapons are really SUPER WEAPONS!
The campaign has a good story spanning all three sides and the mission structure and the videos drives the story well. The Kane’s Wrath expansion adds another Nod campaign to the collection and gives a good story that interweaves and extends the plot of the main game.
Three very different sides, gives good variety to game play. Kane’s Wrath adds 2 extra sub-factions for each side, but they are very much sub-factions with many similarities between factions of the one side.
Global Conquest mode in Kane’s Wrath. The main strategic map works differently from other Risk-style games in that there are no fixed territories. Each base or army has a radius range where things are affected by the base or army. And each army can only move or attack within that range for one turn. It really does bring a new way to play Command And Conquer.
Continues the Command & Conquer tradition of having nice videos that drive the story.
The Global Conquest game type in Kane’s Wrath does not allow saving of the game during a real-time battle. And there is a time limit before Fog Of War is lifted and then another time limit before all stealth units are revealed. This stops long and big battles from taking place which is good if you like fast battles. But they should have made it optional and allow saving during battle.
The music is OK. No where near as good as the sound track to the first Command and Conquer.
Reviewed version 1.09 of Tiberium Wars and version 1.02 of Kane’s Wrath.
I really liked Dune 2, Command And Conquer, C&C Tiberian Sun, Rise Of Nations and The Moon Project.
I also liked Empire Earth 2, Dark Reign, Warcraft 1 and 2, Supreme Commander and Total Annihilation.
I did not like Homeworld.
I have completed all the campaigns for GDI, Nod and Scrin including the Nod campaign in Kane’s wrath.
I have also played a lot of Global Conquest games and ordinary skirmish games.
I have played a few games online. I think the teams are well balanced. I have tried all the different sides and have only won once so far.
When installing Tiberium Wars and Kane’s Wrath, a key code must be entered for each game.
The correct disc must be in the drive to play the games.
Tiberium Wars 1.09 English – No comments.
Kane’s Wrath 1.02 English -Windows 10 UAC blocks the patch installation. Must open command prompt or powershell with admin rights and run the exe from prompt.
Minimum Requirements (as stated on box)
- OS: Windows XP, Vista (32-bit)
- CPU: 2.0 GHz or faster (2.2 GHz or faster for Vista)
- RAM: 512MB (1GB for Vista) or more
- Disc Drive: 8x or faster DVD drive
- Hard Drive: 6.0 GB or more free space
- Video: DirectX 9.0c compatible Video card with 64 MB or more memory and one of these chipsets is required: ATI Radeon 8500 (9500 for Vista) or greater; NVIDIA GeForce4 (6100 for Vista) or greater. Note: ATI Radeon 9200, 9250 PCI; NVIDIA GeForce 4 MX are not supported
- Sound: DirectX 9.0c compatible
- Input: Keyboard and mouse
- Multiplayer requires one disc per PC. Network (2-8 Players); Internet (2-8 Players with optional voice support): Cable, DSL, or a faster connection.
Computer Played On
- Core 2 Duo 2.16GHz
- 2Gb RAM
- ATI Radeon X1600 256Mb RAM (laptop version)
- Realtek HD Audio(no idea what model) with Logitech ClearChat Premium PC Headset or laptop speakers.
- Win XP Pro
- Graphics settings are set to whatever I feel comfortable with playing on this PC. They are usually not set to the highest settings. All screenshots are taken with my settings.
Sick of seeing the EA logo everytime your start up the game? Then get this mod to remove the logo on start up. NoLogoMod. There is one for Tiberium Wars and one for Kane’s Wrath.