A top down racing game where you can shoot the other cars and ram them off the road, do whatever it takes to win. Win money, upgrade your car and race some more.
Death Rally is a FREE game! Get it from here.
Simple race your car and shoot the opposition.
There is an RPG element similar to Death Track of old. You win money and then buy car upgrades and weapons or repair your car for the next race.
Multiplayer was disabled in the free windows version.
Not enough weapons. The only weapons are guns, mines and ramming spikes.
Not enough tracks. I got bored of each league of tracks quite fast before I moved on to the next league.
Very similar to Micro Machines V3/V4 except that you have to get money to buy weapons and upgrade your car.
If you have played AutoDuel of old, Death Rally is kind of like the racing version of that.
Another way of thinking of this game is a top down version of Death Track.
I really liked Death Track and AutoDuel.
I also really liked Micro Machines V3 and V4.
I have completed the whole game.
Death Rally is DRM free.
Minimum Requirements (from Readme)
- Operating System: Windows XP SP3 is the minimum requirement. Windows Vista and Windows 7 both work as well, in 32-bit and 64-bit configurations. The game may work on older Windows versions but it has not been tested.
- Hardware: Death Rally for Windows is a light-weight game, and should run well with different hardware configurations and PCs. If your PC runs any other games you should be OK. It has been tested to run e.g. on Intel Atom-based netbooks. Sound card and OpenGL support are recommended, but neither is absolutely required.
- Gamepad support: Death Rally for Windows supports one stick control and 4 buttons. The gamepad needs to be plugged in before launching the game.
- Multiplayer: Unfortunately one of the best aspects of Death Rally, multiplayer, is not available in this release. It was built for the modem and IPX network era, and would have needed a full rewrite. That was sadly out of the scope on what we could do with this free release.
Computer Played On
- Core 2 Duo 2.16GHz
- 2Gb RAM
- ATI Radeon X1600 256Mb RAM (laptop version)
- Realtek HD Audio(no idea what model) with Altec Lansing ACS41 speakers or Logitech ClearChat Premium PC Headset.
- Win XP Pro
- Graphics settings are set to whatever I feel comfortable with playing on this PC. They are usually not set to the highest settings. All screenshots are taken with my settings.