A real-time strategy(RTS) game that takes land, sea and air combat from the stone age all the way to a rendition of the future… with Hercs!
Very pretty. Looks better than Rise of Nations. Probably because it is newer.
Sounds good too. Even better if you have the Doc Matthews Sound Pack.
Has random map generator.
The Tug-Of-War mode in The Art Of Supremacy is very interesting. You fight over several maps. Completion on one map takes the fight to another map where the winner gets slightly disadvantaged but you get to take heroes from the previous map to the new map. And anything you have researched carries over as well.
Lots of mods and maps to try. Just look at Empire Earth 2 Heaven.
The AI controlling your units seems a bit stupid at times. Sometimes they attack well, other times they just stand there or keep running to and fro and get shot.
There is a citizen manager screen where you can assign them to gather different types of resources, but I did not like it as much as Rise of Nations auto build and gather function.
The nuke doesn’t feel like a superweapon.
I only played single player.
I really liked Dune 2, Command And Conquer, C&C Tiberian Sun, and The Moon Project.
I also really liked Rise of Nations.
I also liked Warcraft 1 and 2, Dark Reign and Total Annihilation.
I did not like Homeworld.
I never played the original Empire Earth.
I do not own the game any more and I cannot what DRM it had.
It is available DRM free from GOG.com.
Minimum Requirements (as stated on GOG.com)
- Windows XP or Windows Vista
- 2.2 GHz Intel Pentium 4 or AMD Athlon or faster processor
- 512 MB RAM
- NVIDIA GeForce 4 or DirectX 9.0c-compliant 128 MB 3D video card with hardware T&L and pixel shader support, minimum screen resolution of 800×600
- DirectX 9.0c-compatible sound card
- Mouse, Keyboard
Computer Played On
- Core 2 Duo 2.16GHz
- 2Gb RAM
- ATI Radeon X1600 256Mb RAM
- Win XP Pro
- Graphics settings are set to whatever I feel comfortable with playing on this PC. They are usually not set to the highest settings. All screen shots are taken with my settings.