You were taken away by security forces and your tribe destroyed. Fortune smiles on you as your transport helicopter crashes in the city giving you the chance to escape. Time to find out who wants to capture you and why, in this point-and-click science fiction adventure.
Get the game free from GOG.com.
The humour is good. Nowhere as funny as Monkey Island 1 and 2 but still good.
This is the first game I have played that has WD40! OK you do not get to use it, but it is in the game.
The speech is excellent. You can hear the different personalities in each of the characters and there are different accents as well.
The story is very interesting. As you play, the plot gets better and better, but overall I do not think the story is as good as Dragonsphere.
The characters have to move to a certain position before they talk. Even when they are standing next to each other, if they are not on the correct side of each other, they have to move before talking. A real waste of time if you ask me.
The graphics being of that age are quite low resolution. This means that looking for tiny details in the locations can be difficult.
Quick timing is required to solve some of the puzzles. At other times you have to wait for things to happen before you can progress.
Reviewed GOG.com version of the game.
I really liked Dragonsphere, Blade Runner, The Secret Of Monkey Island, Monkey Island 2: LeChuck’s Revenge, Borrowed Time and Under A Killing Moon.
I also liked Martian Memorandum, Curse of Monkey Island, Escape From Monkey Island, Indiana Jones And the Fate Of Atlantis and Simon The Sorcerer.
I did not like Dark Seed.
I have completed the game.
Beneath a Steel Sky is free from GOG.com.
Minimum Requirements (as stated on GOG.com)
- Windows XP or Windows Vista
- 1GHz Processor (1.4GHz recommended)
- 512MB RAM (1 GB recommended)
- 3D graphics card compatible with DirectX 7 (compatible with DirectX 9 recommended)
- Mouse, Keyboard
Computer Played On
- Windows 7 64 bit.
- Intel Core i5 2.3GHz
- 4Gb RAM
- NVIDIA GeForce GT 525M 1Gb RAM
- Conexant SmartAudio with egg speakers or earphones. Or Logitech G35.
- Graphics settings are set to whatever I feel comfortable with playing on this PC. They are usually not set to the highest settings. All screenshots are taken with my settings.